We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website and information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers, bank details, credit and debit card details).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers, bank details, credit and debit card details).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including names, email addresses).
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use session cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. We will use the session cookies for the following purposes: to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website, and to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes.
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- To send goods purchased via the website.
- To send statements and invoices, and collect payments.
- To send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- To send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, Mollie B.V.. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances.
- To the extent that we are required to disclose information by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (SSL, password- and firewall- protected) servers.
All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (fixed by law at the date of writing at GBP 10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is The Plaid Shop.